- Art Mora, Chelsea, NYC Dec 1st
-14th & in NJ Dec 17th to Jan 2nd
- November 22nd to December 22nd LiC-A @ Plaxall. LIC, Queens
19th & 20th @ LIC Arts Open. LIC, Queens (43-01 21st Street)
- Painting Residency II, Topaz Arts Gallery, Queens
(July & August)
- Solo Show: Corks on Columbus, NYC. June 17th to July 13th.
- Starr Space Gallery, Bushwick
July 8th to the 22nd
- LIC-A @ The Falchi Building, LIC. May 18th to June 4th
- BWAC (Brooklyn Waterfront Artist
Coalition) NYC May 7th to June 12th.
- Painting Residency, Topaz Arts Gallery, Queens (Jan through Feb)
Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea NYC (Nov to Jan)
- LIC-A (Long Island City Artists) Group Show. Falchi Building LIC
- Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea NYC. August
- Fresh Paint Magazine Issue 6
- Jeffery Leder Gallery , Long
Island City, Queens.
- Artist Run Gallery, Long Island City, Queens.
- Solo Show: Topaz Arts Gallery,
- The Painting Center, NYC Artists Registry
- Curate NYC. SLAB 3 of 10Rated
in the "Top 150" plus 2 Curatorial Selections.
- Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn
- 1989 – 2015Scenic Painter: Freelance.
Off Broadway and some TV, NYC
– 2002 Lighting Designer: Off Broadway / Off Off Bway, NYC (see below for details)
- 1996 & 1997
Lighting Designer: Weathervane Theater. Whitefield, NH.
(2 summer seasons of rotating repertory)
- 1997/ '98 Season
The Acting Company, NYC
Tour, and London)
- 2010 Lighting Designer & Photographer: Jazz Reach / Metta QuintetNYC venues,
National tours to Performing Arts Centers, Concert Halls & Night Clubs
Lighting Designer & Photographer
Helen Mills Theater & Event Space. West 26th street, NYC
Children's Zone, NYC 135 East 125th Street
TEACHING (TEACHING SAMPLES)
- 2008 - 2013 Studio Art &
Photography, A.H.R.C. NYC. * Developed my own curiculua.
- 2007- 2008 Photography: (Dark Room and Digital)
Harlem Children's Zone / Promise Academy, NYC *Founded Program and Facility
- 2006 Photography:
Boys Club of NY, Lower East Side (Black & White Darkroom)
- 2003 - 2006 Teaching Artist, Lectures in Stage DesignNYC
& Yonkers Public High Schools via The Times Sq Group
- 2004/05 Visual Arts (Temp/Sub) NYC private and charter schools.
- 1997-1999 Adjunct Faculty-Lighting Design for The StageLong
Island University, CW Post
- 1995 Painting
& Drawing for Theatre Studio Arena Theater School, Buffalo, NY
PAST EXHIBITIONS: Photography & Painting
Queens International, Queens Museum
- Art Gotham, NYC
/ The Art Show, Amherst, Pittsfield
MA / Teaneck Cultural Arts Coalition, NJ
- DUMBO Open Studios Weekend
Queens International, Queens Museum of Art
/ Digitally Propelled Ideas, Kellogg Art Gallery, Pomona CA / Rockaway
Artists Alliance, Queens NY
- Featured Artist, Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, Fed Reserve Bank
/ BE Gallery,
Asbury Park, NJ
- Bary Gordin Hair Gallery, Greenwich Village, NYC
1993-1995 MFA (candidate) Theatre Design, N.Y.U Tisch. (3 semesters)
Theatre Design, Long Island University, C.W. Post- Under Grad Design Assistant - 1991 Summer Intern: Williamstown Theater Festival- 1988 & '89 Summer Stage Crew, Lincoln Center OODF.
1987/88 Season: Design Apprentice and ASM Off-Off Broadway, NYC
Freelance. Most noted venues: Irish Rep / NY Stage and Film / MTV's 'Real World'-NYC / WWOR TV--NJ, Second Stage / Lucille
Lortel / Duke / CSC / Barrow Street / 59E59 / New World Stages / Actors Studio / SoHo Playhouse / NYU Grad Design Dept /...
Lighting Design for scores of Stage Plays, Musicals, One-Acts,
Readings, Showcases in Off and Off-Off Broadway Venues. Plus several seasons of Regional Summer Stock with rotating repertory.
Toured nationally (and to London) with The Acting Company and spent many years on the road lighting multi media Jazz concerts
in Performing Arts Centers across the United States.
Resident Designer @
The Irish Repertory Theater, Blue Heron Arts Center, Century Center for the Performing Arts, New Perspectives Theater and
The Metropolitan Playhouse.
Other Design Credits: SoHo Rep, SoHo Playhouse, Circle Rep, Chekhov Theater Ensemble, Mint Theater,
Aaron Davis Hall, Miller Theater, John Jay, Culture Project, NYTW. Players Theater, Guild Hall (East Hampton), Weathervane
Theater (NH), ALL the old Theater Row Theaters, Jean Cocteau Rep, Irish Arts Center, The Intrepid Museum…
2007-2009:- Kotchegna Dance Co, Annual Concerts
and the Metta Quintet.
LOCAL & NATIONAL TOURS TO PERFORMING ARTS CENTERS AND CONCERT HALLS
"Scenery" BY ED DIXON
DIRECTED BY FRANK DUNLOP. Guild Hall,
East Hampton, NY--WITH CLIVE REVIL AND MARYLIN SOKOL
"Uncle Bob"SoHo Playhouse, NYC
BY AUSTIN PENDLETON. DIRECTED BY COURTNEY MOOREHEAD.
STARING GEORGE MOREFOGEN and GALE HAROLD (followed by Joseph Gordon Levit)
- "The Irish and How They Got That Way"BY FRANK
DIRECTED BY CHARLOTTE MOORE
Irish Repertory Theater, NYC--(Peekskill, NY Production)
- "Importance of Being Oscar" Irish Rep. NYC
STARING NIALL BUGGY. DIRECTED
BY CHARLOTTE MOORE
- "Rosmersholm" BY HENRIK IBSEN Century Center for the PA, NYC
BY J.C. COMPTON
- "Don Juan in Hell" BY G.B. SHAW Irish Repertory Theater,
DIRECTED BY CHARLOTTE MOORE. STARING: CELESTE HOLM and FRITZ WEAVER
- "As You Like It" Blue Heron Arts Center, NYC
- "O'Neill" Blue Heron Arts Center
"Invasions and Legacies" Irish Rep. BY THE TOMMY MAKEM
DIRECTED BY CHARLOTTE MOORE & STARING TOMMY MAKEM
- "Ghosts" BY IBSEN Century Center DIRECTED BY J.C. COMPTON
- "Oh, Coward" Irish Rep.
- "Viva Cummings" Blue Heron Arts Center
- "Enemy of the People" BY Ibsen The Century Center,
Blue Heron Arts Center
BY TONY VELELLA .
DIRECTED BY AUSTIN PENDLETON
Lear" Chekhov Theatre Ensemble, NYC
"A Doll House" The Century Center,NYC
"Pillars of Society" Century Center
Bete'" Post Theatre Co. L.I.U.
"A Loss of Roses" Irish Arts Center, NYC
"Ain't Misbehavin'" "Children of Eden" "Don't Dress for Dinner" "Grease" "Into
the Woods" "Nunsense"- "Othello"
Jean Cocteau Rep/ Baruch College Performance
WEATHERVANE REP, WHITEFIELD, NH
Samuel Beckett Theater, NYC
DIRECTED BY TODD FLETCHER
- "The Fantastiks" "Camelot" "Joseph and
the..." "Crazy for You"
Weathervane REP, NH-- Summer Season
LIGHTING ASSISTANT / SUPERVISOR:
The Acting Company
BY TONY KUSHNER, WENDY WASSERSTEIN, JOHN GUARE AND OTHERS
NYC & USA Tour
(including Gutherie Lab, MN; The Public, NYC; & The Barbican Center, London)
DIRECTED BY MARK LAMOS
with: "Romeo and Juliet" USA Tour and New Victory Theater, NYC.